Night duty porterJOB DESCRIPTIONS
Carries luggage for hotel and motel guests and cruise ship passengers. Provides first-class customer service, showing guests or passengers to their rooms or cabins and answering any questions they may have about facilities. Serves as the first point of contact that guests or passengers have at hotel, motel, or cruise ship, making them feel welcome and comfortable at their choice of accommodation.
Porter Job Duties:
- Takes suitcases and bags from guests or passengers checking in and, where applicable, tags it and provides customer identification slips
- Carries luggage while escorting guests or passengers to their rooms
- Explains features of rooms and accommodation facilities
- Tends to the needs of guests or passengers for the duration of their stay
- Delivers newspapers to guestrooms
- Runs errands for guests or passengers, in some cases
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles, in some cases
- Calls taxis for guests
- Carries departing guests' or passengers' luggage to cars or taxis
- Maintains appearance, cleanliness, and safety standards in hotel, motel, or cruise ship lobbies
- Ensures guests and passengers leave safely in the event of an evacuation
- Reports to head porter
- Assists concierge, reception, housekeeping, and restaurant staff as required
Porter Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Service Skills, Politeness, Friendliness, Approachability, Good Physical Fitness, Stamina to Work Long Hours, Clean and Tidy Appearance, Good Communication Skills, Strong Work Ethic, Motivation, Flexibility, Positive Attitude, Reliability, Ability to Work Unsupervised, Organisation Skills, Knowledge of Local Area or Ports, Sound General Education, Hospitality Certification (Optional).
Minimum of SSCE and 2 years working experience as a porter
Applicants should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and should reside around Magodo, Ojota, Ketu Axis
This vacancy is a full time position.